Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Yoxly (www.yoxly.com) is on a mission to revolutionise and destigmatise sexual health by supporting education, improving access to services, and promoting equality through an integrated ecosystem that empowers individuals to live healthily and happily.
Yoxly is sparking an international movement to normalize and simplify sexual health. We believe in supporting education, promoting equality, and taking a proactive rather than a reactive approach. To that end, we’re building an ecosystem to provide a range of remote sexual health services (with plug-and-play potential), designed to give users a personalized experience with more convenience, privacy, accessibility, and control. We’re curating an inclusive community of individuals, whilst partnering with other organizations and advocacy groups focused on promoting sexual health.
Yoxly is a D2C medical diagnostics e-commerce startup looking for a Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer with experience as a full stack developer to join their team. The team is looking to develop a user-facing website and mobile app, linked to a secure cloud database. The candidate must be able to build the website in-house, and enlist/manage a team of developers to build the app. As such, the candidate must be comfortable with both backend and frontend coding languages and development frameworks. All work should be ISO 27001 compliant (certified preferred).
The candidate will work closely with the other co-founders to align priorities and set goals.
We’re a diverse group of individuals, passionate about solving the sexual health crisis and changing societal norms. We strive to improve people’s lives by promoting health and preventing disease by taking a proactive—rather than reactive—approach. We’re co-founders, neighbours, and friends, with the right combination of complementary skill sets to execute our vision.
Current Team Includes:
Danae is an A&E doctor with a background in Public Health, and member of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH). She has worked in healthcare for 18 years, across four continents, and has previously co-founded another med-tech venture. Very much a “people person,” Danae loves collaborating with driven and diverse individuals to innovate new and/or better solutions which improve lives. At Yoxly, she is responsible for medical, partnerships, and fundraising.
Judson is a military historian and entrepreneur, with operational and marketing experience. For the last 10 years he’s administered academics at an international study abroad company whist helping to brand, operate, and build Plush, Oxford’s premier LGBTQ+ bar and club. Judson also previously co-founded a digital marketing/media venture which helps small and mid-sized businesses strut their stuff. Judson likes words, aesthetics, communication and is a stickler for details. At Yoxly, he is responsible for branding, media, marketing, and operations.
CEO and Founder, The Portfolio Collective; CEO and Founder, Digital People International; Former COO, Google Europe; CEO, Digital People International
Brand Director, Phoenix Group; Visual Identity Director, GSK; Group Marketing Director, Royal Mail; Vice President, Head of Brand Marketing & Sponsorship; Mastercard
Relevant Skill Sets / Experience:
- AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Liquid / Ruby (preferred but not essential)
- The ideal candidate will have worked with other e-commerce and/or digital health companies, particularly in the development of their databases, websites and apps
- The ideal candidate will have managed other tech teams to successfully complete projects/deliverables
Work can be done remotely. This is currently a part-time role (10+ hours per week) but could evolve into a full-time role once funding is secured.
We're currently offering compensation in the form of stock options (reflective of Chief Technology Officer role). Once funding is secured, a combination of equity and salary is possible.
- Believe in the company’s mission and vision
- Enjoy innovating and/or creating new solutions to existing problems
- Bring passion, ingenuity, and efficacy to their work
- Set realistic targets and meet project deadlines/deliverables
- Manage a tech development team (likely remote)
- Liaise with members of the medical, media, marketing, and product teams to meet targets
- Communicate comfortably in English
- Available to attend work-related calls during UK hours (09:00 - 18:00 BST)
- Creating customer accounts and purchase orders
- Liaising with the laboratory for tech queries
- Creating and distributing customers’ results
- Maintaining the code database
- Website improvements (coding)
- Financial management of the testing costs
If interested please email Danae Maragouthakis: firstname.lastname@example.org.