How to Collect Your Swab Sample.
Collecting Your Samples
We understand collecting your own samples can be daunting, and so we've provided the instructions below. Each Yoxly kit also includes detailed instructions taking you step-by-step through the process. Our users tell us that by following these instructions, collecting your samples is relatively easy and straightforward.
When Should you Collect Your Samples?
It is important your sample reaches our lab the day after you take it. Therefore, you must take your sample on the same day it can be posted (e.g. not after the post has been collected, or on a bank holiday or a weekend).
Do You Have More Questions?
If you have questions about collecting your sample, your kit, or collecting your sample, please contact us at email@example.com. We're available seven days a week!
1. Wash and dry your hands.
2. Open the swab sample collection pack and remove the swab sample collection tube, setting it to the side (do not open yet).
3. Partially peel open the swab package, exposing only the “stick end” of the swabs. Keep only the swab that looks like a cotton bud. Dispose of the other swab.
4. Remove the cotton swab from the swab packaging. Hold the swab by the stick end between your thumb and forefinger. Do not let the swab touch any other surface.
5. Carefully insert the cotton tip of the swab about 5 centimeters into the vagina. Gently rotate the swab for 30 seconds, making sure the swab is touching the walls of the vagina.
6. Carefully withdraw the swab, making sure it does not touch your skin.
7. While holding the swab (again, making sure it does not touch any other surface), remove the cap from the collection tube, keeping it upright so as not to spill its clear liquid contents.
8. Insert the cotton end of the swab into the upright collection tube, so that it is submerged in the liquid.
9. Carefully break the shaft of the swab (at the black score line around the middle of the swab) against the side of the collection tube. Do not spill the contents of the tube.
10. Leaving the cotton end of the swab in the tube, replace its cap and screw tightly closed. Dispose of the remaining swab shaft in the bin.
11. Wash and dry your hands.
12. Fill in the provided swab tube label with the date you collected your swab sample.
13. Securely affix the swab label to the swab collection tube.
Choose Your At-Home STI Kit
Home STI kits delivered directly to you.
Convenient. Safe. Secure.
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- No more waiting in GUM clinics or two weeks for your test results. Our test kits are delivered directly to you, with results usually in a few days.
- Your kit will arrive in plain packaging with no reference to Yoxly or its contents.
- Our partner laboratories are the same ones used by doctors and primary care providers (including the NHS).
- Your samples are processed by accredited laboratories which adhere to strict, government-enforced protocols to ensure maximum accuracy.
- Your data is anonymized, encrypted, and is not shared with third parties.
- Your results arrive via encrypted email and employ three-factor authentication to ensure only you have access.
- Yoxly is registered with the ICO and conforms to GDPR requirements.