How to Collect Your Urine Sample
Collecting Your Samples
We understand collecting your own samples can be daunting, and so we've provided the instructions below. Each Yoxly kit also includes detailed instructions taking you step-by-step through the process. Our users tell us that by following these instructions, collecting your samples is relatively easy and straightforward.
When Should you Collect Your Samples?
It is important your sample reaches our lab the day after you take it. Therefore, you must take your sample on the same day it can be posted (e.g. not after the post has been collected, or on a bank holiday or a weekend).
Do You Have More Questions?
If you have questions about collecting your sample, your kit, or collecting your sample, please contact us at email@example.com. We're available seven days a week!
1. When you are ready to take your sample, it is important to capture the first part of your urine stream. Use the collection cup to capture this, urinating into the cup. Fill the cup half way, and finish urinating in the toilet.
2. Remove the cap from the urine collection tube, holding it upright, being careful not to spill the clear liquid already in the tube.
3. Carefully pour your urine sample from the collection cup into the urine collection tube, filling it until the liquid is between the 2 black fill lines.
4. Replace the cap and screw tightly closed. Gently invert the tube 5 times.
5. Pour any remaining urine from the collection cup into the toilet and dispose of the cup in the bin.
6. Wash and dry your hands.
7. Fill in the provided urine tube label with the date you collected your urine sample.
8. Securely affix the urine label to the urine collection tube.
Choose Your At-Home STI Kit
Home STI kits delivered directly to you.
Convenient. Safe. Secure.
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- No more waiting in GUM clinics or two weeks for your test results. Our test kits are delivered directly to you, with results usually in a few days.
- Your kit will arrive in plain packaging with no reference to Yoxly or its contents.
- Our partner laboratories are the same ones used by doctors and primary care providers (including the NHS).
- Your samples are processed by accredited laboratories which adhere to strict, government-enforced protocols to ensure maximum accuracy.
- Your data is anonymized, encrypted, and is not shared with third parties.
- Your results arrive via encrypted email and employ three-factor authentication to ensure only you have access.
- Yoxly is registered with the ICO and conforms to GDPR requirements.